Meets at – The Masonic Hall, Old Orchard Street, Bath BA1 1JU at 18:15 except
November on the third Tuesday. Months – February, March, April, October and November (18:00).
Consecrated 1782 Meets at the Masonic Hall, Old Orchard Street, Bath. The Minute Book of the Oldest Chapter in Somerset begins with an entry dated January 11th 1782, that states, ”The Chapter Harmony was opened; the three Principals, three Sojourners and two Scribes were present two Brethren were Exalted and the Janitor appointed. The Chapter closed in Harmony”. You will note that there is no preliminary appointment of Officers and this appears to be a Chapter which has met on at least one previous occasion
The Chapter and Royal Cumberland Lodge are named after Prince Henry Frederick, Duke of Cumberland & Strathearn, KG, who was the fourth son and sixth child of HRH Frederick Louis Prince of Wales and Princess Augusta. He was the grandson of King George II of Great Britain and Caroline of Ansbach. He was Ranger of Windsor Forest & Great Park. He joined the Royal Navy in 1768 becoming Admiral of the White in 1782. He was one of the first members of the Royal Family to become a Freemasons and served as Grand Master from 1782 until his death in 1790.
In 1982 the Chapter celebrated its Bi-centenary, the first Royal Arch Chapter to do so and on this occasion the Grand Superintendent, E Comp Sir Lionel Brett was made a Honorary Companion of the Chapter and presented with a Bi-centenary jewel
To Find out more about The Royal Cumberland Chapter email 📧 Scribe E- Jeffrey Penfold