Regular meetings: The Second Saturday at 3pm Dec, Jan, Mar and May. Installation Meeting: The Second Saturday in October at 3pm.
Eldon Lodge No 1755 known as “the lodge by the sea” because the meeting place was only yards from the Bristol Channel in Portishead. Consecrated in September 1878, the lodge initially met at the Royal Inn before acquiring Portishead Masonic Hall where it met for over 80 years.
The old temple eventually being no longer viable as a meeting place and was sold to the RNLI to be re-established as an RNLI Lifeboat Centre, the lodge currently meets in Clevedon.
Eldon Lodge is very proud of it’s 140 year history and all of its’ traditions. It is a very friendly lodge and always looks to ensure that its members enjoy their Freemasonry. Visitors are always most welcome! The members of Eldon Lodge enjoy the friendship and camaraderie that exists within, and every year support two local charities chosen by the Master in office. In recent years, they have supported the RNLI, Portishead Scouts, 1-in-4 People (Mental Health Charity) and Children’s Hospice South West.
Below is a Gallery of our Temple in Clevedon
If you have any questions or would like to enquire about joining or visiting, please contact the Lodge Secretary: Contact the Lodge Secretary: D M Gleeson. Click here for our Provincial webpage
Visit the Lodge website www.eldonlodge.co.uk