Meets at – The Masonic Hall, Crewkerne TA18 7JU at 18:30 on the fourth
Tuesday. Months – January, March, May, September and November.
Consecrated 28th October 1921 Meets at the Masonic Hall, South Street, Crewkerne. Parrett & Axe Chapter No 814 was consecrated by the Grand Superintendent E Comp Col William C Long CMG in 1921; it was the fifth of the six Chapters that were consecrated by E Comp Long between 1910 and 1922. There was always a Royal Arch connection within South Somerset with Chapter of the Mystic Stone at Martock between 1811 & 1822, Chapter of Fidelity at Chard between 1820 & 1831 and finally Chapter of Brotherly Love No 329 at Yeovil, the only one of these three Chapters to survive to the present day.
From the original twenty founders seven of them eventually became First Principal of the Chapter starting with E Comp C V Everitt PPrAGSoj (Cornwall), a Past Principal of Rose of Sharon Chapter No1006 Redruth, Cornwall and St Meriadoc Chapter, Camborne, who was installed as First Principal following the Consecration of the Chapter in 1921. He was followed in 1922 by E Comp G Tett PPrGDC a Past Principal of Chapter of Brotherly Love, Yeovil and in 1923 by E Comp E H Harp a Companion of Chapter of Brotherly Love, Yeovil. Of the remaining Founders, Twelve were companions of Chapter of Brotherly Love No 329 at Yeovil, one was a companion of Marquis of Ripon Chapter at Ripon, North Yorkshire, another from Gibraltar and another from Royal Cyrus Chapter No 285, Shepton Mallet.
Three Companions list no Chapter and were presumably un-attached. The Chapter was consecrated at Crewkerne Town Hall, where the Parrett & Axe Lodge No 814 then met.
The Chapter Honours Boards carry the names of the many distinguished Companions who have all contributed something to the life of the Chapter over nearly one hundred years. The original Honours Board records the names of those who served between 1921 and 1984 when a new board was required.
To find out more about Parrett and Axe chapter email 📧 Scribe E – David Wakely