Eldon Chapter 1755

Meets at – The Masonic Hall, Albert Road, Clevedon, BS21 7RN at 18:45 on the first
Thursday. Months – March (18.30), May, September and November

Eldon Chapter No 1755, as the name suggests, was formed by and is attached to Eldon Lodge No 1755. The Lodge was consecrated in 1878 in Portishead at the Royal Hotel, mainly by members of Royal Clarence Lodge No 68, in the Province of Bristol. The senior founder member was W Bro Charles Fisher, a wealthy Bristol wine merchant and a member of Royal Clarence Lodge. He lived in Portishead and had built himself a residence called ‘Eldon Villa’. In his honour the Lodge was named after his home

The story of Eldon Chapter begins at a meeting of Eldon Lodge in December 1905 when a notice of motion was given that the Lodge would sponsor a Royal Arch Chapter to be attached to the Lodge. It was not until November 1908 that it was formally resolved to found the new Chapter, and in March 1909 the first Founders meeting was held.

Eldon Chapter has met at five venues since 1910. On the 6th May 2004 the Chapter moved to Clevedon Masonic Hall where it still meets today. In 2010 Eldon Chapter celebrated the centenary at Nailsea Masonic Hall as it was felt that Clevedon Masonic Hall was not large enough for the event

Eldon Chapter Founders Jewel

To find out more about Eldon Chapter email 📧 Scribe – E David Kenneth Parslow

Back to top button